AABTS Mileage Accumulation Guidelines
- Club ride mileage is tracked by the calendar year (January-December).
- Only rides listed in the bimonthly AABTS Rider Calendar (or newsletter if added after the calendar has been published) count toward mileage credit.
- Miles ridden to and from your home to the start of a scheduled ride can be counted toward club mileage. For more information, please read the official communication from the AABTS Board of Directors: Bookend Miles Update
- Ride miles should not exceed those listed in the ride calendar unless adjusted by the ride leader and submitted by the leader on the ride sheet; this policy is intended for a ride leader to correct small inaccuracies in posted ride length, not as a carte blanche for riders to create their own ride. If riders choose to cut short a ride, they are asked to indicate this on the ride sheet.
- Members may not accrue mileage credit for a club ride unless they ride it at the time designated on the calendar and on the route designated by the ride leader. Otherwise it is not considered a club ride.
- Effective in 2010, any member performing club business while riding their bike can count those miles toward club mileage. The miles should be added to the next club ride sheet. Refer to the February 2010 AABTS Board meeting minutes for more information.
- Invitational rides sponsored by non-profit organizations, such as other cycling clubs or charitable organizations, can count for club mileage, as long as they appear in the ride calendar and an AABTS member is designated as ride leader.
- “Pirating” invitational rides is not condoned by AABTS. This includes our own OHR. Please do not sign up for mileage if you have not paid for the ride.
- Starting in 2009, commercial rides for profit (such as VBT or Backroads) may also be listed on the ride calendar and count for mileage credit, as long as they appear in the ride calendar and an AABTS member is designated as ride leader.
- Notice of invitational rides must appear in plenty of time for other members to make arrangements to attend. Rides will not be placed on the ride calendar if it is not reasonable that others may register and get into the ride.
- Club mileage over 500 miles in a year earns for the rider a personalized mileage patch.
- Once a club member reaches 500 miles in a year, their career mileage is tracked every year after that (it is not necessary to accumulate 500 miles every year for the mileage to be added to the total lifetime count). However, if a member has dropped out of the club for a period of 2 years, their lifetime mileage is also dropped.
- Only paid, current AABTS members may accumulate club mileage.
|Ann Arbor Bicycle Touring Society |
P.O. Box 1585
Ann Arbor, MI 48106
view local radar or forecast